We’re Hiring – Onshore & Marine Technician
Hours: Mon-Fri 08:00am - 16:30pm (30mins lunch)
Salary: Competitive Salary
Flare have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual who is eager to join a close-knit team of ambitious professionals, as Onshore & Marine Technician.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and challenging work environment and enjoy operating in a Marine environment onboard vessels as well as working productively in a team within a workshop to deliver a consistent and high quality standard of work. There is also an exciting travel element which is mostly UK based, that may require periodic nights away.
Flare is a leading provider of specialist safety services to the Energy industries and is continuing to expand as a global enterprise. The Onshore & Marine Technician role will play an essential role in providing support to the Service Centre of Excellence, Marine Division and more!
The responsibilities are varied and include: service & maintenance of safety equipment (fire safety equipment, life saving equipment, breathing apparatus, safety systems, gas detection and more), inspection, testing, refurbishment and recertification of pressurised vessels, commissioning of safety equipment, creation of certificates and processing deliveries while contributing to the overall success of the business.
The successful candidate for this role will have the following essential skills:
- Proven operational experience, consistently meeting or exceeding goals
- Strong time management and organisational skills and ability to multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and articulate/understand technical language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and make effective decisions
- Excellent computer skills
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Valid UK drivers licence
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the overall success of the business while working to tight time constraints.
- Great team player with excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment whilst upholding a friendly and professional approach.
- Ability to organise and manage priorities and adapt to changing timelines and schedules.
- Proactive work ethic and initiative.
Knowledge of the Energy industry desirable but not required.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Wellness programme